1. A little bit of writing is better than none.
2. Terrible first drafts are better than never being able to say you’ve finished something.
3. If you don’t take your writing seriously, no one else ever will.
4. Perfectionism is overrated.
5. You don’t need to watch every new show just because all your friends just binged it.
6. Haven’t seen the latest Oscar-worthy film because you’re on deadline? That’s OK.
7. Writing communities are great. In moderation.
8. You don’t have to respond to every email, notification, or comment.
9. Some people talk about writing more than they actually write. Don’t be one of those people.
10. You don’t need to know everything. It’s OK — even helpful — to learn as you go.
11. Curiosity can be a major distraction. It can also drive you to write better content.
12. “Writer’s Block” is an excuse, not a…
View original post 121 more words