On the same day that Kindle Unlimited downloads are reported to pay $1.81, we discovered that Kindle has enabled preorders for e-books.
Here is the Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) help page on this: https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A3P7F81795P0RA&ref_=kdp_EB_PREORDER_phl.
Here is how to do it:
- Log into KDP.
- Go to your Bookshelf.
- Add a new book or edit an existing book that you haven’t already published before.
- Proceed to publish your book as usual.
- In Step 4, choose “Make my book available for preorder.”
Select a date.
- Only new books can be made available for preorder.
- Customers won’t be able to sample books while they are available for preorder.
- A new reporting feature tells you about preorders and cancellations.
- If your preorder creates a long window of slow sales, it could adversely impact your sales rank compared to having all those sales on day one; but if you generate many…
View original post 150 more words