E = Editor
The letter E for today’s A-Z Challengeand what I’ve learned over the past year from an amazing Web of Writing Bloggers about Editors.
Well, here’s what y’all taught me about editors over the past year.
- Editor is not a critique partner.
- Don’t use family or friends as Editor, unless they are pros.
- A good editor is worth every penny.
- Editors charge different fees. Ask.
- There is more than one type of editor.
- Use an editor that is familiar with your genre.
- Self-editing is important but does not do the job of a professional editor.
- Size doesn’t matter. Small books, children’s books as well as novels need an editor.
Types of Editors
- Content Editor. Sometimes also known as Developmental Editor. This editor looks at the content, the consistent character’s behavior/speech, style issues, theme and they check your readability. They will leave no stone unturned. Looking at arc…
View original post 270 more words