Image from ShutterStock.
Two of the most popular methods that authors and publishers use to hold contests for book giveaways have changed.
- Amazon Giveaways have undergone a series of changes.
- Goodreads Giveaways changed significantly as of January, 2018.
So 2018 is a good time for a new post regarding how to host a book giveaway.
WHY HOST A GIVEAWAY?
A giveaway is one tool that authors and publishers utilize to help with book marketing.
Following are the main goals for a book giveaway.
- Help create buzz and initial exposure for a new book release.
- Give the author a chance to call attention (in other forms of marketing) to a contest, rather than always calling attention directly to the book.
- Hope that some of the winners will write book reviews.
- Hope that the winners love the book so much that they help with word-of-mouth sales.
When a book is…
View original post 2,015 more words