If you ask a group of writers how they approach a part of their writing process, you’re going to get as many answers as there are writers–and sometimes more.
Today I’m reviewing a discussion by a group of writers on how to make fantasy feel real.
No matter if you prefer:
- to write a story based on reality — with just enough fantastic elements to make your story work
- to create your world from the ground up
- to mix it up a bit
and no matter if:
- you’re a pantser with no magic system
- a world builder who adds the characters later
- a white rabbit chaser til the end of the plot, when you look back and realize everything happens in ‘white rooms’ (before you edit…)
- or your approach changes from world to world
these tips for writing fantasy worlds should work to help you draw your readers in, without…
View original post 298 more words